QUOTE OF THE DAY

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
Abraham Lincoln

WARNING! COMMON SENSE REQUIRED TO UNDERSTAND CONTENT

WARNING! Read at your own risk. This blog has not been approved by the Politically Correct Thought Police.


HOWDY FOLKS! (ya like that down home hello do ya?)

Welcome to the home of the
"NEW AMERICAN COMMON SENSE PARTY".
(hereinafter referred to as NACSP)

Yep, that's right people, it's time to take America back. Enough is enough. It's time we quit electing the same crooks and scumballs over and over again. Quit pulling the all Democrat or all Republican lever because your daddy was a Rep. or a Dem. God gave you a brain, (oh my goodness, your blogger believes in the Creator, he must be an idiot) use it to study the issues and the candidates before you go to the polls. Before you vote for an incumbent, look at his voting record and see how much of YOUR, YOUR KIDS,
GRANDKIDS and GREATGRANDKIDS hard earned tax $ he voted to waste on porkbarrel projects. With the deficit running in the trillions, congress still doesn't seem to get the message. Of course not, they don't care about America, they only care about getting reelected. We have built a house of cards based on greed, and it's going to come tumbling down if we don't fix it SOON.


SEND TO A FRIEND

click on the appropriate icon at the bottom of the post or copy and paste this link into your email:
http://commonsenseandcircumstance.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

HURRICANE SANDY, QUANTUM MECHANICS, AND GOD

Good morning friends! I hope you have all come through the storm safely!

This post is way off topic, but I want to share it with as many people as I can. It's a minor little story about the power of nature, the power and goodness of God, minor miracles, and a hurricane.

A bit of background first. Those who know me know that I am certainly not what people think of when they think about "Christians". I smoke, swear, and drink. And I too, have had my fill of "holier than thou" Christians, the "if you don't believe this way", "if you don't believe that way", "if you don't do this or do that, you're going to Hell"  people. In fact, I was an atheist until I was around 28 or 29 years old. On the surface, the whole "God / Bible" story is pretty unbelievable to a questioning mind. Especially when you've seen a lot of "how could a good God allow such terrible things to happen" stuff.  To make a really long story short, let's just say I questioned, I looked, and I had my eyes opened. The one thing many mainstream churches and Christians forget is that when the disciples asked Jesus to describe the Father, He gave them a three word answer. He didn't say He's a jealous God, a vindictive God, a judgmental God. He said "God is Love".

Ok, ok, I know ya'll are waiting to see how Quantum Mechanics ties in to Sandy and God :-)
Quantum physics (the basics of which have been proven in the laboratory) says that if we believed with every atom in our body that we could walk through a brick wall, we could do it. It IS physically possible. 2000 years ago Jesus told us over and over all we have to do is believe, and our prayers will be answered. He walked on water, turned water to wine, raised people from the dead. Faith is THE key to everything. And I have learned to pray God's Word. What He says in the Bible, He will not fail to do. So I pray for His hedge of protection around me. I pray that He sends angels to watch over me. And He never fails me. 

Yeah, yeah, you Dumb Farmer, we want to hear about the storm! You all know the forecasts, largest / meanest storm ever recorded. 60 to 80 mph winds a thousand miles from the eye, etc. And I had a 250 mile trip home from northwest Pa. with an empty trailer. I've seen empty trailers blown over, even loaded trucks blown over from the Santa Ana's in Calif. Seen pictures of loaded trucks blown over while sitting still. Needless to say, I wasn't looking forward to that trip, but I'd told the man Friday that I'd run for him, so run it I did. Well, the wind changed directions, and was a direct tailwind for the longest leg of the journey, I couldn't even tell it was blowing except for seeing the trees. When I turned south, it changed again-tailwind. Got buffeted a little bit from just north of Harrisburg to Elizabethtown, but not nearly as bad as some thunderstorms I've been in. Of course, that COULD have just been coincidence.
 Heard on the radio on the way home in the car that over 4k homes were without electric in Perry county already. I am a full time RV'er. I live in a fifth wheel camper. You know mobile homes and campers are the first to go in hurricanes and tornadoes. As I came up the driveway, I envisioned an angel sitting on the roof of my camper. No, I didn't say I SAW an angel, I just thought it in my mind. Had to walk bent over to get from the car to the camper the wind was blowing so hard. I was expecting to get rocked all night, as has happened in many thunderstorms. As I sit here, I swear this is true - that camper never moved all night. I could hear the wind howling, when I went out for a smoke I could hardly stand up, but this camper was as solid as a rock!  I didn't feel a thing. No movement. And the electric never went off for more than a second or so, then came right back on. The wind is still gusting 30-40 mph here on this ridgetop this morning, and I don't feel a thing. Yep, COULD have just been the direction the wind was blowing. You will form your own opinion, but I know.

Thank you Lord! I hope you all have come through this as well as I have, and I have prayed for all those less fortunate.

Dumb Farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, good or bad