QUOTE OF THE DAY

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
Abraham Lincoln

WARNING! COMMON SENSE REQUIRED TO UNDERSTAND CONTENT

WARNING! Read at your own risk. This blog has not been approved by the Politically Correct Thought Police.


HOWDY FOLKS! (ya like that down home hello do ya?)

Welcome to the home of the
"NEW AMERICAN COMMON SENSE PARTY".
(hereinafter referred to as NACSP)

Yep, that's right people, it's time to take America back. Enough is enough. It's time we quit electing the same crooks and scumballs over and over again. Quit pulling the all Democrat or all Republican lever because your daddy was a Rep. or a Dem. God gave you a brain, (oh my goodness, your blogger believes in the Creator, he must be an idiot) use it to study the issues and the candidates before you go to the polls. Before you vote for an incumbent, look at his voting record and see how much of YOUR, YOUR KIDS,
GRANDKIDS and GREATGRANDKIDS hard earned tax $ he voted to waste on porkbarrel projects. With the deficit running in the trillions, congress still doesn't seem to get the message. Of course not, they don't care about America, they only care about getting reelected. We have built a house of cards based on greed, and it's going to come tumbling down if we don't fix it SOON.


SEND TO A FRIEND

click on the appropriate icon at the bottom of the post or copy and paste this link into your email:
http://commonsenseandcircumstance.blogspot.com/

Friday, December 7, 2012

GOVERNMENT STUPIDITY UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

Just personally witnessed another example of completely asinine government bullshit. In a country where a sizable number of states grant ILLEGAL aliens drivers licenses,  where Democrats raise hell whenever and wherever voter ID laws are proposed, Florida has implemented the most insane law for obtaining or just RENEWING your driver's license.

Florida law requires identification, proof of date of birth, proof of residential address, and proof of social security number (if issued, Chapter 322, Florida Statutes, requires the Department see proof of social security number for the issuance of driver license and identification cards) from all customers before a driver license or identification card can be issued.
The name assigned to the social security number must match the name that will appear on the Florida driver license or identification card. If you have recently changed your name, update your records with the Social Security Administration before you apply for your license or identification card.
Each U.S. citizen renewing or applying for a new driver license or identification card in person after January 1, 2010 must submit: (.....blah, blah, blah)

Note: When necessary, marriage certificates, court orders, or divorce decrees must be provided to tie the name on the primary identification to the name the customer would like to place on the driver license or identification card.


So I'm standing in line waiting to renew my truck registration and listening to the DOT employee tell this 70 year old woman she HAS to provide a CERTIFIED copy of her divorce decree from 30 years ago in order to renew her license. No idea of how to obtain such a thing? Too bad, no license. 

Even though this law only went in effect in 2010, it was just as bad 5 years ago if you needed to get a CDL license in Florida.  First of all, I had no social security card because I had my wallet stolen around 15 yeas ago. I was told I had to go to a social security office and apply for a new card, but they would give me a paper so I didn't have to wait for a new card in the mail. So, half a day for a trip to Gainesville, wait in line, etc. Go back to the DOT office and then she tells me they didn't give me the right paperwork! Back to Gainesille again. I had to get a certified copy of my birth certificate for my retirement, so fortunately I had ordered 3 copies. Apparently my original had deteriorated somewhat over the years and the Illinois Dept. of Vital Records (or whatever it was called) technician traced over some of the letters in my name before making the certified copies. She said it had been altered and was unacceptable. I showed her the UPS mailing envelope that they came in, from the state of Illinois, to the name and address on my Pa. license, and that still wasn't good enough. Showed her every form of ID I had in my wallet. Not good enough. By now, I've got steam coming out of my ears. So very close to losing it and slapping the shit out of the stupid bitch. I'm lucky I didn't get arrested, because I told her "get someone from Tallahassee who can resolve this on the phone before I go postal". 

Back to the present, after listening to that poor womans predicament, I need to go to another part of the courthouse to get a copy of my driving record. Like airport security just to enter your local courthouse nowadays. Stand in line, empty pockets, take belt off, pass through scanner. 

I love Amerika in the 21st century.
Dumb Farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, good or bad